Google

Friday, February 04, 2005

Blazers versus Charlotte Bobcats.

This is a game that the Blazers will have no excuse losing, even though the Bobcats have been playing much better than expected. Charlotte did get a road win in Utah. That isn't all that impressive since Utah is one of the few teams worse off than the Blazers. Charlotte is without rookie Emeka Okafor. According to the Blazer Blog Melvin Ely is banking on Zach's poor defense.
"Randolph probably can't wait to see me," Ely said, acknowledging he's not known around the NBA for great defense. (source:Blazerblog)
I hope Zach hears this and take offense to it. I'm sure Mike Rice will see to it that he does!

The Blazers are coming off a win over Denver and are looking to win two in a row for the first time since mid December. It's hard to believe. In spite of all that has happened, I think that the Blazers are in recovery mode. I look to see them build on Wednesday's win with a win tonight. These two teams have played twice before, but it was preseason. They split 1-1.
Game Preview

GO BLAZERS!

UPDATE: BLAZERS WIN! It was ugly. It seemed as if the Blazers just couldn't find a groove. I mean, they won, but it was more likely based on a lack from Charolotte than great play by Portland. I think they were playing down to the opponent. I hate to see that. At this point I will gladly accept the win, but I expect more tomorrow against Sacramento.

FYI-the ref told Telfair to take the shot or face a shot clock violation. He did the RIGHT thing! It is also a serious PR blunder to not take the "chalupa shot". Believe it or not, the team gets booed off the court for not going for the 100th point. I think it is ridiculous and I'd LOVE to see the chalupa deal GO AWAY! I'm sick of it!
BOX SCORE

Blazers win, here's how they did it.

The Rattler! Posted by Hello


Damon, nice jumper! Posted by Hello

I think it's kind of cool. Posted by Hello

Ruben's MONSTER JAM! Posted by Hello

23 points in 24 minutes of play. Career high. Posted by Hello

I'd love to hear this conversation. Posted by Hello

Ruben and Sebastion in the 4th. I love this one. Posted by Hello

Telfair makes good on the chalupa & Blazers WIN! (I agreed with the shot) Posted by Hello

Sizzle Fizzle. Too many turnovers and MISSED FREE THROWS! Posted by Hello

3 with 20+! Posted by Hello
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter