Google

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

90 footer in OT wins at the buzzer.

I love these type of sport moments. I'm hopeful this one makes ESPN's top 10 of the week.

"With 0.6 seconds left in overtime, Jordan Snipes of Guilford College rebounded the other team's missed free throw, wheeled around and heaved the ball the full length of the court. Swish...

For Snipes, the improbable, 90-foot shot for the 91-89 victory over Randolph-Macon on Monday is a memory the former high school quarterback doesn't expect to top...

Tom Palumbo, coach of Greensboro, N.C.-based Guilford, said he was already walking toward Randolph-Macon coach Mike Rhoades to shake hands when the flight of the ball caught their attention.
"I remember thinking it looked like it had a chance and when it went through, it was just crazy," he said. "When the referee came and said it was good, I kind of jumped up and down when I was right next to [Rhoades]," he said. "I told him I was sorry..."

Source:sportsillustrated.cnn.com
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter