Google

Friday, January 28, 2005

Darius Miles suspended for 2 games.

I fear the pressure of losing is beginning to show in Portland. I won't go into recent history but suffice it to say it has now culminated into a 2 game suspension for Darius Miles. I agree with this punishment completely and support our coach in his decision. In a nutshell, Darius needs an attitude adjustment and Cheeks just gave him time to think about it. Here is an article that will explain what led up to this. (source Oregonlive.com)

From Blazers.com:
The Portland Trail Blazers have suspended forward Darius Miles for two games for conduct detrimental to the team and insubordination. “I am disappointed that we’ve had this distraction to deal with today,” said Trail Blazers President Steve Patterson. “We expect a certain behavior from everyone in our organization, and what happened yesterday is not acceptable behavior. The organization is suspending Darius for two games effective today.”

UPDATE: Darius apologizes. Good move Darius, good move.:
I would like to apologize to all of our Trail Blazers fans for not being a part of the team these next two games and for not being able to help us win. Things were said in frustration and I am sorry for that. It is very important to me that our fans understand that I am committed to winning and that the losses we have had this season have been difficult for all of us. My entire focus when I return to the team will be on winning and helping us make a run for the playoffs. - Darius Miles
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter