Google

Monday, January 24, 2005

Blazers vs San Antonio Spurs

Tonight the Blazers face what will likely be their most challenging opponent since they were relegated to skeleton crew status 5 games ago. They have not won since. The loss of Zach Randolph in addition to Shareef has been devastating for Portland in the win column. Zach will not play tonight although he is expected back soon. Darius Miles is back but that doesn't help us much in the middle. Joel "Godzylla" Pryzbilla is doing a great job but he just doesn't have the presence it takes to stop a Tim Duncan. (Although that could change! I have faith in Pryz).Theo has been struggling and simply hasn't been that effective. I don't think anyone has any complaints about team effort, in fact, it is the effort that has fans calling the Blazers the "lovable losers", a name I am sure they would not like to see stick! I know they willl give their best once again. I pray that they are rewarded.

San Antonio beat us badly the last time they were here. That game was considered rock bottom for the Blazers. 114-80 was the final. One thing to keep in mind though is that this game came before Nick and Damon found their shot. We will need their shooting terribly tonight. We need big games from all Blazers to even have a chance. DA has got to snap out of his slump and playing SA may help do that. I'd like to see him get a few more minutes than he has been. Ruben will be busy as always. I can't say enough about Ruben, he's been fantastic! It sure would be nice to be able to buy a shirt with #21 on it! (there are none!)(not kidding).

Anyway, the Blazers will face some serious defense tonight. My hope is that they dish it right back at the Spurs. I have to go back to what I have said before. The great thing about basketball is that the underdog can win. It all comes down to who scores the most points! I have but one plea to the Blazers tonight: HIT YOUR FREE THROWS! VALUE THE POSSESSION & WATCH THOSE TURNOVERS!
Game Preview

UPDATE: About as close to perfection as any Blazer fan can ask for! This game shows why I love basketball so much! Anything can happen.
*DA DNP, he is going to have to get a root canal. The tooth is giving him migranes.

Wonderful win! I haven't the words, but I got the pictures!

How did the Blazers do it? Here is how!

D E F E N S E ! Posted by Hello


H U S T L E ! Posted by Hello


Fast breaks! Posted by Hello


Damon! Posted by Hello


RUBEN! Posted by Hello


Giving your all! Posted by Hello


Godzylla! Posted by Hello


The Rattler! Posted by Hello


Zach cheering on the team. Posted by Hello


More sizzle than fizzle! Posted by Hello


BLAZERS WIN! Posted by Hello

GO BLAZERS!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter