Google

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Blazers vs Timberwolves

Tonight the Blazers take on the T-Wolves for the second time in less than 2 weeks. The Blazers have been reduced to a skeleton crew without starters Zach Randolph, Darius Miles, and Shareef Abdur Rahim. They have stayed competetive but haven't been able to achieve victory, always falling just short. The T-Wolves have been struggling as well, but their issues seem to be more internal. However, they are beginning to gain their footing. The Wolves are coming to Portland after defeating the Sonics last night. Wally got 32 points and shot 9-12 from 3 point range. The Wolf bench got 72 points! Spreewell is battling the flu and Sam Cassell is hurt.

Tonight Zach is questionable. I thought Darius was too but the injury report shows him on the injured list. This is news to me. Theo is also listed as questionable. He is battling the flu. I guess the strength of our team tonight will be determined at game time. We will need Damon and Nick to do their thing tonight. Ruben will likely be keeping Wally in check. Remember, he recently held Peja to 4. I know the Blazers will snap out of this eventually. Hopefully we will see Zach return and finally get the edge we have needed to get one of these games over the top. The Blazers are rested, the Wolves are on the 2nd night of a back to back. I hope they are good and tired!

I want to make a special note about tonight's party that is being hosted by Basketballboards.net (BBB). Many of the posters from the BBB will be getting together tonight. My husband, mom and I are going to pop in and say hello at the pregame meeting over at Cucina Cucina. I think this is the 3rd year they have done this. Jason Quick will be among their guests. If you are around prior to the game, feel free to come over to Cucina Cucina and say hello. I don't think the group will be hard to find!
Game Preview Injury Updates

UPDATE: Well....you know. Decent effort, another loss. It was good to see Darius back. We still are awfully vulnerable inside. Until Zach and SAR are back, we will continue to be. The Wolves are looking like they are turning their season around. I had a great time meeting up with the folks at the BBB party. I am sure pictures will be posted. Go to the BBB site and you will be able to see them. I do have a gripe and I am going to make a new post about it. Great effort does not justify the level of missed free throws and turnovers the Blazers are getting. These two things alone could have made the difference in many of our recent "almost over the hump" games. I don't see where being shorthanded or the coach can be blamed for this.
BOX SCORE

UPDATE: Basketballboards.net party pictures and recaps!
UPDATE2: More Basketballboards.net party pictures!

GO BLAZERS!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter