Google

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hey Darius Miles-Who's your daddy?

If you pay attention to the Blazers at all you know that the last few days have stirred up a lot of controversy. Darius's tirade against coach Cheeks has everybody talking. I have not known what to say because I like Darius. It is hard to believe he went this far. It's juvenile delinquent behavior and it is shocking to me coming from Darius. I don't think anybody really ever expected this. How could he even think for a moment it was a good thing to call his coach a "n*****"? I was stunned! When I read that Darius hollered at Cheeks, mocking him by saying "that's right, run to your daddy"as Cheeks headed to GM John Nash's office, I found myself becoming very angered. Just who does Darius think he is? How dare he address his coach in this manner? I don't care what Mo did, it does not matter. Mo is the coach.

Darius sounds like an idiot calling Nash Mo's "daddy." The same could be said about Paul Allen, wouldn't he be considered Darius's "daddy"? His 48 million dollar daddy? This attitude sickens me. Darius needs to publically apologize to coach Cheeks. Furthermore, is Darius so naive that he doesn't know that John Nash is also his "daddy"? Hello? Darius? This makes you and Mo brothers. The sooner you understand that, the better.

What a child. If this results in a Maurice Cheeks' resignation I don't know if I will be able to accept the Blazers organization. If they allow a punk player like Darius to call the shots, I don't want to support them. Mo is not the best coach but he doesn't deserve this. He deserves respect for putting up with what he has had to put up with since taking on Portland. I have to mention that I do not like seeing Darius in this light. I do like the guy. This is what makes this so difficult for me.

The Blazers have overcome so much. Darius Miles has single handedly taken us several steps backwards. It's not funny. Fans are angry. Some are angry with the coach, although I don't understand that. There is a distinct difference between being angry with Mo for losing and coaching issues than being angry with him for disciplining a player that absolutely deserves it. Come on people, do you really want a coach that allows his players to behave this way? If what Darius did is O.K. with you, then I question your ability to judge right and wrong.

What a mess. This is all I have to say about it right now. Here are some links to catch you up to what has happened.

Forward out two games, Cheeks considers quitting. (ESPN.com)
Darius Miles case seen as reflection of NBA problem. (Oregonlive.com)
Cheeks is ready to forgive. (oregonlive.com)
Miles ain't smilin'. (NYPost.com)

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter