Google

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Will Phil return to the Lakers?

I just can't imagine why on earth Phil would want to go backwards. It kills me that anything Buss does has to have Kobe's seal of approval. How weak is that? I don't think Phil will submit to Kobe ever again. If I were Phil I'd approach very cautiously. Going back to LA for Phil would be much like Michael Jordan coming out of retirement. It's simply not a good idea.
"...Laker owner Jerry Buss, General Manager Mitch Kupchak and sidelined star Kobe Bryant met privately for half an hour during the first quarter of Tuesday's game against the Portland Trail Blazers — "just chatting," Kupchak said afterward.But Laker sources said Bryant was asked in the meeting what he would think if Jackson were approached about returning, and Bryant said he would agree to it..."
Source: LATIMES.com
I think if Phil returns to coaching it will be anywhere BUT LA. I still think Portland is a good option for him.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter