Google

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Blazers versus Detroit Pistons.

Tonight is a big night for Blazer fans. Rasheed Wallace will be in the house sporting his shiny championship ring. Blazer fans were split 50/50 when it came to Rasheed. Half wanted him to stay and half wanted him to go. It will be the same tonight. Half will applaud him and half will boo him. I will be applauding and sporting all the Rasheed gear I have. However, I will be pulling for my Blazers to hand Rasheed a loss. Do I think it will happen? Doubtful. BUT, as always, basketball games come with suprises. Rasheed alone may be enough motivation to get the Blazers to play to their potential. If they do that, they can very well win. The Blazers have got to handle the ball better. "Value the possession" as Mike Dunlevey used to always say. I think this and defense will be key tonight. One thing in favor of the Blazers is that Detroit is on a six game winning streak. Streaks end. I hope it's tonight.
Game Preview

UPDATE: Well, I am not suprised. I actually had a great time at the game watching Rasheed. In my opinion he has a great sense of humor and really knows how to work it. We laughed all night.

I thought the Blazers played decent but there were clear signs that the "why play hard we are going to lose" bug is settling in on a few of the guys. The Pistons are clearly readying for the playoffs. The Piston's smothered the Blazers with defense, especially Damon. Mo seemed to be taking the opportunity to air out the bench. At the very end Khryapa and Outlaw got in and gave us the best ally-oop dunk of the night. I'd love to see those two play together more to see if that was a fluke or a glimpse of things to come!
BOX SCORE

PS: Hey Josh, how was the view from the floor?
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter