Google

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Reef is back, but for how long?

Will Wednesday night be SAR's "swan song" as a Blazer? It could be. Shareef will be activated Wednesday and available to play against the Lakers. This also makes him tradable. The trade deadline is noon Thursday. I am hoping we do not lose SAR. I haven't heard of any player we would get in return that I would want any more than Reef.

The two most scary names I have heard are Keith Van Horn (along with Redd) and Wally of Minny. I can't stand either of these guys! Redd would be great but I still prefer SAR. It sounds like Reef wants to not only remain a Blazer but is also considering re-signing. Reef is a great player and a great person. (check Blazerblog for rumors)

"...Abdur-Rahim said it is his expectation to come off the bench.
"I haven't talked to Mo about it, but from what I have read, I think he is satisfied with the play of everyone in the starting lineup. So that is what I would anticipate," Abdur-Rahim said...


"Now I would like to stay the rest of the year," Abdur-Rahim said. "I don't have a problem with Portland, or the organization, and I would be open to (re-signing). But ultimately, I have to look out for what's best for me, and that's the thing, the decision will be in my hands." Source: Oregonlive.com

Here we have a guy who is quite capable of being a starter but is very willing to do what is best for the team. These guys are NOT a dime a dozen. Reef is a keeper. I guess we will have to hold our breath until 12:01 PM Thursday. The only player I won't be upset to see go is Darius Miles.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter