Google

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Blazers ready to make worst mistake they possibly could?

This is my title for Chad Ford's article Wolves, Blazers ready to make a deal? Talk of the trade can be seen at the Blazer blog.

Let me get straight to the point. Trading Ruben Patterson would be absolutely the worst move John Nash could do. Even thinking about it should be considered a sin. The Blazers need Ruben more than any other player. Ruben is our best player! Ruben has a checkered past but come on, how long do you hold things against people after they have truly repented and changed their ways? Again the Blazers must look to their 25 Point Pledge. Ruben, as Damon, has stepped up in his life and in his game. How on earth could John Nash even consider rewarding him with a trade? I hope Chad Ford is hallucinating.

If anything Ruben Patterson should be this year's Blazer MVP. He should be considered for 6th man of the year for coming off the bench and taking over a starting role. I think losing Ruben on top of all the garbage that has been happening in Portland will drive me far enough away that I may have to look to Seattle for my basketball fix.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter