Google

Monday, December 27, 2004

Portland Trailblazers vs Philadelphia 76ers

Allen Iverson comes to Portland shooting 57%! In the past weeks he has had 2 consecutive 50 point games and one 40 point game. He got 10 steals against Indiana last Wednesday. Personally I hope Allen had a great holiday and ate a lot of sweets. Maybe that will slow him down!

Portland came home prior to Christmas from a 6 game road trip. They went 3-3. Tonight is the first home game since then. I fully expect NVE to stay in his starting position against Iverson. This may be the night we get our answer to the lingering question as to who will start, Darius or Reef? I expect it to be Darius. I assume Ha will be on hand but do not expect to see him play at all. Telfair may see time tonight to help NVE, along with Damon, in keeping up with Iverson. These games after holidays can be brutal. I know my first day back at work sure has been! I'd say Blazers have the home advantage, but that is about it. They are going to have to use their defensive abilities against the rest of the team while trying to at least stimey AI.
Game Preview

UPDATE: Well, in my opinion, this game was winnable. AI couldn't find his shot until the 4th. Unfortunately, when AI found his shot, we lost out defense. I don't know. These games are frustrating. Post game radio had callers pointing their fingers at Cheeks. Others were calling out Zach. The mood in Portland is uneasy. We had an opportunity slip through our fingers. AI gets 28 and we still lose. Go figure.
BOX SCORE

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter