Google

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Blazers vs Memphis Grizzlies

Welcome back Bonzi Wells. I may get chastised by some for saying it, but regardless of what did and didn't happen, I hold no ill will for Bonzi. I think moving him to Memphis has been good for him as well as the Blazers.

My hope is that fans refrain from booing. This behavior puts the fan in the very same position they put Bonzi in. Fans should either clap politely or not at all, the booing is really unnecessary. There is only one player that deserves a downpour of boos-and that is Kobe! ;)

I noticed something has definitely changed about Bonzi. If you google his name, it takes several pages before you see anything regarding trouble. It didn't used to be that way. I am glad to see him staying out of trouble.

Now, for the Grizzlies, life hasn't been so good. They are 2-5 for the young season. However, we are 3-3. We have the home court advantage but Memphis could be primed for a win. They lost a tight one in Seattle Monday. I have a feeling that the Griz see a game against Portland as a winnable game for them. I am inclined to think that the Blazers are thinking the same thing and are looking to get their second win in a row.

We KNOW Bonzi is going to want to take it to the Blazers but the question is, will he? We know all too well how unpredictable Bonzi's game is. He may be more motivated than he has been, we shouldn't ignore that. Up to now Bonzi is (as of 11/14) 28-76 and 3-7 from 3 point range. He is averaging around 10 PPG. (stats). I'm not too worried about Bonzi. It is Gasol and Swift that will demand attention. This game will need to be a highly defensive effort by the Blazers.

I said Bonzi will be motivated, so will the Blazers. I'm looking forward to it!

*Jason Fleming of Hoopsworld gives a far more technical (and better) analysis than me! I am hoping to include his reports with each game post.

Jason's Blazer Gameday

GO BLAZERS!

UPDATE: Oh my. Oh my my my my. No offense. No defense. No energy. Did I say no defense?
The Blazers are in big trouble.

Bonzi torched the Blazers. With every boo he got better. I admit-after it was clear we were out of the game I began to enjoy seeing Bonzi score in the face of the booers. I was cheering him on.

There is no need to analyze and talk trades and coach firings here-the boards are lighting up with that today.

My big gripe about last night is that Cheeks didn't put Geno Carlisle in until about the last minute and a half. I wanted to see him play. I am convinced it is time to waive Q and sign this guy.

Look at your own risk: BOX SCORE (NBA.com)


Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter