Google

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Finally, the end. Blazers versus Lakers. *updated*

I cold not be happier that tonight is the last Blazer game of the season. I have grown very weary of it all. I wanted to report that Blazers finally agreed to let me out of my season ticket holder contract. It is a huge relief. This does not mean that I am not still a fan and that I will not attend games next season, I certainly will. In fact, if Steve Patterson leaves or is canned, I'd be more than happy to return as a full season ticket holder. This has been the worst season I have known as a Blazer fan. The idea of sports is that it is supposed to be enjoyable, win or lose. Being a Blazer fan brings only headaches at this point. Don't get me wrong, it isn't the losing. It is watching a man like Steve Patterson run this team into the ground that has turned me off completely.

My only sadness today revolves around Damon and Ruben. Tonight will likely be the final time I get to see them in Blazer uniforms. It is a shame too. I look at it this way. Both of these guys deserve better, MUCH better. I wouldn't expect them to want to continue playing for a team mired in so much chaos and mismanagement. I wish them well and thank them for all the effort they have given. Whatever teams they sign with will be very lucky to have them.

I hope that the Blazers can go out on a win, they deserve it. What better team to beat than the Lakers?

Will tonight be the end of Reef's tour of duty as well?

4/21/05 UPDATE: BLAZERS WIN! It was a great way to end the season. I am still very happy it is all over. Travis is certainly going to be a star. No doubt about it. I have posted pictures at PictureTalk. Kobe was booed the entire game, of course! We kept trying to remind him that Shaq was in the playoffs and he wasn't.
Box Score
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter