Google

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

DA wants the Blazers to make a business decision.

In all the ruckus over "Blazergate", this story about Derek Anderson almost got past me. Thank you Blazersblog for posting it! I say we do the Maurice Taylor deal. I have no real problems with DA but it is clear that he has become the odd man out. At least this would give both players a shot at making a difference someplace else. DA is simply hurt too much and now that his shooting has waned, it makes it almost a sure bet that he will never start as a Blazer again.

"...Make a business decision if you need me to leave," Anderson said. "Make a business decision. ... Just say, `You know what? He's not going to help us down the road so we need to bring somebody in who is.' ...Anderson had not discussed his future with general manager John Nash or Steve Patterson as of Monday afternoon but plans to do so within the next few days.

Houston is offering power forward Maurice Taylor, and the salaries match.
Both players are due approximately $8.45 million this season and $19 million over the next two.


"Houston wants me," Anderson said. "That's what I've heard. If Houston wants me and these guys aren't going to play me, why don't they trade me?" ...Anderson isn't demanding a deal, but, "If I'm not playing, if I'm not contributing the way I need to, I don't need to be here. If I have to be here, I'm going to work hard, be on time, be a professional. I'm not going to pout or sulk."
Source:Registerguard.com
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter