Google

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Would Jason Kidd help or hurt PR wise?

A trade is in the air. I have read rumors at O-Live and NBAWire and have heard a few tidbits on my own. I know we keep going through this, but something is going to give eventually. One thing said today is that Toronto and Portland both waived players today. This indicates possible movement and a LOT of speculation. I have seen nothing about the Nets. However, I had a conversation with someone today that works within the Blazer organization. It made me think.

It was said that the fan response to possibly bringing Jason Kidd to Portland has been split down the middle 50/50. There seems to be a fear that Kidd would cause a rift among fans that management has tried very hard to mend. Basically it would return us to the Love Sheed/Hate Sheed environment. We all know how awful that was. Would Nash dare to knowingly create such a rift again?
I've been up front on my feelings about Jason Kidd. I do NOT want him here, period.

What do you think?

OH YEAH! Thanks for the reminder XericX! Jason Kidd also publically disrespected our franchise and city by saying he wouldn't play if he was traded here! Is this what we want? I say NO!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter