Google

Monday, December 20, 2004

Portland Trailblazers vs Chicago Bulls

Tonight's game is an important game for the Blazers. The guys are coming off a hard win against Detroit and trying to make it 3 in a row on the road. Trade rumors are stirring between the Blazers and Chicago regarding Eddy Curry and Reef. This could be a distraction since both players will be in the game. I think the Blazers are feeling very confident right now and I don't look for them to give this one up without a fight. It will be interesting to see who gets the start tonight, Reef or Miles. Reef may be upset at being sent back to the bench, but so would Darius. This is not a decision I would want to make. My guess is that Darius will start. He should start for no other reason than we have been winning and that is too important to mess with things right now. If Damon can come off the bench, so can SAR.

Update: Well, I just learned that Reef is questionable for tonight's game. Perhaps they can suit him up and only use him only if they really need him. Let him get rested. We won't know until game time I guess. I won't be too worried, we beat the Piston's without him. I'd feel better if Zach wasn't in a funk. If he does play, I wouldn't be suprised to see him take a lot of Zach's minutes.

I found this Chicago take from a fellow blogger:
"...Their frontcourt of Zach Randolph and Theo Ratliff is going to be a big test, and Tyson might be pressed into action early if Randolph starts hot. Skiles should consider putting Eddy Curry on Randolph. Randolph uses his size to muscle other forwards into position, something he can't do with even a slimmed-down Eddy..."
Read more here. (Source Bulls Blog)

Game Preview

UPDATE: OUCH. This is a bad loss. It was winnable, so I hear. I missed the game. I must say that it has been difficult to Christmas shop knowing that there is a game on! This loss will erase the big win over the Pistons. I sure will be glad when Reef is back. Obviously we need him.
Box Score
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter