Google

Friday, December 17, 2004

Nash pegs guard play as Blazer's problem.

"Obviously, we have struggled from the perimeter -- hopefully that is not going to continue -- but it's been a symptom that has lasted for a significant period of time now, so it's a concern," Nash said. "It's clearly the area (where) we have the most glaring problem, and I would hope it would correct itself with the players on the roster, but I can't guarantee that . . . so whether we improve that with the personnel we have or with other personnel remains to be seen." Source: OregonLive

In a way I am glad to hear Nash say this. It give me hope that he is more interesting in a shooter rather than a PG. We have a great up and coming PG. Telfair is a keeper and that is that. Nash would have a firestorm of backlash from fans should he trade Sebastian. I'll cut right to the chase. Any deal including Telfair will prove that Nash is absolutely clueless to what Portland fans want and what the team needs. I say this because the rumor is that Telfair is what the Nets want for Jason Kidd. Kidd is NOT WORTH IT! Don't be stupid John!

In keeping with my hope that Nash is more interested in a shooter, I think he is trying to be cautious. It is no secret that Paul Allen's wallet is much tighter now than it was with "Trader Bob". John Nash is being forced to play by different rules. However, I am questioning whether his delay in helping this team is simple prudence, or does he really believe what he says when he says "...I still think we are a decent team that has a playoff chance," Nash said. "I think we could have won a couple more games at this point, but I also recognize that our shooting woes are not characteristic of the players' career numbers..."

I would love to bash Nash, but it just doesn't seem to be the thing to do. At this point a Blazer fan can only hope that Nash is being wise in waiting. We all know that a few wins can change a season. I sure hope that begins to happen SOON! We don't want a bad trade. We do have good players and in order to do a decent trade we will have to give them up. Is that what we want to do? I am speaking of SAR. Is is worth losing a solid player like him to take a gamble on a trade?

I would implore Zach Randolph to listen to his teammates pleas and pass the ball. Zach's behavior in Cleveland bothers me. When you compare the maturity of guys like LeBron James to that of Zach Randolph, the difference is pretty big. Zach has plenty of talent, yet he just doesn't seem to "get it". The good news is that this can change. Come on Zach, you alone can turn this thing around. If you don't have an OPEN shot, pass the ball! More touches for the guards is the only way to get them out of this slump. If they don't have a shot they will pass the ball back to you. It seems so simple. What a frustrating time for Blazer fans.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter