Google

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Brandon Roy's return "iffy"

This is not what I wanted to see but I guess I'm not surprised. Brandon has to undergo an MRI to determine if there is damage to his right groin. If there is, he will miss the rest of the season, 8 games. Results will likely be known today.

This is such a bummer. We were so close to ending with a winning record. Today we are at 38-36 with 8 games to go. We must win 3 of these to break even at .500. We would end 41-41. (oh alright-thanks BP)(don't forget my bobblehead!)

What is scary is who is on the schedule for these next 8 games. 2 are the Lakers, 2 are with Phoenix, one here, one there. Then we have Houston, San Antonio, Sacramento, Dallas, and Memphis.

Sacramento SHOULD be a win, it's at the Rose Garden which helps. Dallas is a maybe. I hope we get our usual miracle game against LA, at least one of them.

I don't know, without Brandon this is going to be one big hurdle for the Blazers. One thing is for sure, it's a chance to see what these guys are made of. Suffice it to say, the Blazers and their fans, are paying their dues! It has been a one step forward, two steps back year for sure!

I'm not completely ready to rule out a 42 win season. If Martel and Travis can hold court on the floor, we may be pleasantly surprised! Come on guys, lets get 4 more!

GO BLAZERS!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter