Google

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

41 and counting...

Last night, the Blazers proved you can live or die by the three. The Blazers nailed 13 three pointers last night and crushed Memphis 113-91. Memphis killed us in the paint and only hit 5 of their 3's. Take away the 3's and Memphis wins. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy the Blazers won and enjoyed each and every make from "downtown". Seeing Travis get back to back reverse dunks was a treat as was Josh McRoberts' big throw down. Channing Frye once again made a case for himself with 16 points and 7 rebounds. 7 guys scored in double digits and Roy got his double double (16-11). Mr. Jones found his rhythm hitting 6 of the Blazers 13 three pointers. We had a bit of foul trouble and Lamarcus had to exit the game with 6. With this being the 41st win, the Blazers have guaranteed at least a .500 season. There is still a lot of hope to get #42 tonight. I heard Jarrett Jack speak of "revenge" last night. The Blazers want a win against PHX. They remember the thumping PHX gave them in PDX. I think they can do it.

What last night's game highlighted for me was how desperately the Blazers need a presence under the basket. Thankfully the Blazers were able to compensate by raining 3's all night long. Joel is decent. Frye is decent. Greg Oden will be dominant. I would really like to see the Blazers keep Channing and use him along with Joel to compliment Greg. I get very happy thinking about what a force the Blazers will likely be next year. I CAN'T WAIT! I am still trying to convince myself I need season tickets! It has not been easy getting tickets this year and it's going to be worse next year.

I want to take a minute to address something that happened last night. We sat behind what could possibly be the rudest "Blazer fans" I have ever encountered. It really put a sour note on the night for me. I hesitate to call them Blazer fans because I don't think their character fits with the program. These two persons, a man and a woman, had seats directly in front of us. They proceeded to stand, not cheering mind you, but just stand at points in the game where most fans remain seated. Now, annoying as this was I could deal if it was just me. I was getting ticked because it was forcing my mom to have to stand up so she could see. This is not so easy for her. It's not as if it was those times during a game where everyone gets up and cheers. That is different and we stand up at those times too. I finally tapped the man on the arm and asked if they'd mind sitting down. His response was "uh, yes I would mind, this IS a basketball game", his gal pal chimed in with a "sheesh". If my mom wasn't there...%(&!#)%&)!%*@!!*%&)!%&)!%&...... anyway, I quickly said "I understand that but it's hard on my mom to get up and down". They ignored me. The guy had an empty seat next to him and would not even step to the side so he could stand and mom could see. Trust me, my mom would never complain, this is all me. I'm getting mad all over again!!!!

Anyway, I want to say thank you to my good friends in section 318 because at half time they made sure we were seated better and we were able to enjoy the rest of the game with people who know "game etiquette", people who are mindful of their fellow fans. These are the people that deserve to be called Blazer fans. So, to the schmucks who were sitting in 318, row L, seats 19-20, shame on you. You don't deserve the title "Blazer fan". I'm ashamed of you. Get over yourselves and stay home next year.

OK, I feel better. I have felt compelled to rant about this. Deep breath.

Great win for the Blazers. Well deserved and all the thanks goes to them for all their hard work this season. Next year is going to be glorious.

Here's to getting 42! I know you can do it!

BTW, be sure to check out Josh McRobert's dunk! Throw it down big man! THE DUNK
(I will post the rest of my pics from last night tonight)

GO BLAZERS!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter