Google

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's time for a chat.

I have been waiting for something "Blazer" to talk about. They were doing quite well and I was preparing to post and then they hit the skids. I was preparing to talk about the 30 point losses when they pulled off a win in Charlotte. Interestingly enough, they played Darius earlier than we had been told.

The result is that today I find myself unable to find anything of significance to talk about. I mean, congratulations are in order for Joel and Noel (is that meant to be or what?) on the birth of their first child, Anthony. I hear he is a BIG boy! Still, Joel is nursing an injured knee.

Theo is recovering from a badly sprained ankle. Darius, who was scheduled to return 2/21, came back a week early. Maybe this is something, maybe he just wanted to help his team. There have been enough trade rumors regarding Darius that it is very easy to see this as the Blazers using the situation to play Darius so any interested teams can see that he is healthy. New York? The Theo/Darius to NY for Penny Hardaway rumor still seems to have legs, even if it's crawling.

In addition to this, a new rumor has surfaced involving Travis Outlaw to Charlotte for Melvin Ely. As the deadline approaches I am sure many more rumors will be born. I'm not convinced anything will happen. I am not convinced we need a trade at all. This team as yet to have an opportunity to function as a whole unit under Nate McMillan. It could be that the missing piece was Darius. We had a good run where the team was playing very well and just needed a bit more fire power. That could have been Darius. Now, Darius can play and Theo and Joel are out. It may be weeks before they are back. By that time, Darius (and who knows who else) may be gone. If that happens, we will never know.

I think I am rambling. I'm bored. Following the Blazers lately has just not been that inspiring as a whole. I'm trying. I'm still bummed over the Seahawks getting ripped off. I'm watching the Olympics. Even there, the USA is taking a few hits. Kwan, Miller, women's downhill...

There have been bright spots. Kudos to the "flying tomato" and the Texan. I've also seen that girls can get "big air" and that picking yourself up after a fall can still bring victory (Chinese figure skater. I'd look up her name but results are posted everywhere and I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!)

So anyway....maybe there is something here to spark a conversation. I will drop a hint that I have heard something today that may be a story later on. If so, I'll get it posted here. I'm awaiting further info....
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter