Google

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Beat Up L.A.

Today is the day that I have been dreading. The Blazers take on the Lakers tonight. I used to look forward to this and relish the rivalry. I'd take my bells and make Laker fans around me miserable. Not tonight. I'm staying home. There can be no rivalry when there is no equality. This is simply a lopsided match-up. Barring a miracle (which does happen in basketball), we are in for trouble tonight. Kobe is on a roll and we are on a slippery slope to the bottom of the NBA stack. The Miami game exposed our lack of defense in a most offensive manner.

There is however, a ray of hope this morning (not sunshine, so don't get excited)The hope stems from what I heard on the radio today. Nate McMillan has told the Blazers to get physical with L.A. It sounded to me that Nate was saying "Beat up L.A. and fouls be darned!". I think all Blazer fans would gleefully welcome this approach. I know I will. Start early and set the pace. Let Kobe know that he is going to be challenged all night long. Maybe, just maybe, a whistle or two will go our way. Streaks don't last forever and Kobe's 40+ streak has to end too. We may not win the game but I'm hoping we can at least beat Kobe. I simply can not stand the guy.

GO BLAZERS!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter