Google

Friday, March 18, 2005

Derek Anderson gets the message.

I came across this side note to an article at the Oregonian website today. In it there are a few words from Derek Anderson that are more evidence that Blazer management has sent a loud and clear message to not only the fans, but to players as well.

Derek Anderson says the Blazers have "lied" to him after he has played six minutes and one minute in the past two games since returning from the injured list. Anderson said the team called him in Louisville, Ky., while he was rehabilitating his back and told him to rejoin the team so he could play. "First, they said it was Maurice (Cheeks) who wouldn't play me, and now this," Anderson said. "Don't tell me one thing and then don't do it. I got my back together and now I come back and don't play. They are trying to be nasty. I guess because I haven't cussed anybody out they feel they need to punish me. I don't know, but that's not how you treat people." General manager John Nash said the team wanted to give Anderson time to practice and get into shape before he played extensive minutes. (yeah right)
Source: Oregonlive.com
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter