Google

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Jimmy Jackson: Hornet boycott continues.

"BOSTON -- It's been one week since Jim Jackson chose unemployment over futility. The 2-27 Hornets acquired Jackson from Houston last Tuesday, and the veteran guard/forward has yet to report. Based on his $2.475 million salary, the suspended Jackson lost $55,000 for missing the past two games, 2/90th of his annual salary..." Source: Nola.com

I still think that bringing Jimmy Jackson back to Portland would be a good idea. I think JJ would be receptive to returning to Portland. Yes, JJ is boycotting because he sees the Hornets as a team without a chance, but I think he would agree to come to Portland. We are not winning right now but it is clear that we are only a piece or two from getting over the hump. JJ can be one of those important pieces. In this situation can Jackson be signed rather than traded? If he is considered "unemployed" then why not? I don't know. I am hoping one of you can tell me.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter