Google

Monday, July 13, 2009

The heat's getting turned up on K.P.

Wow, it seems that frustration with Kevin Pritchard's activity this off season is beginning to simmer. Adrian Wojnarowski (whoever he is-some Yahoo Sports writer) has deemed K.P. a failure. Read it HERE

I heard this being discussed this morning on 95.5 and there seems to be some agreement with Blazer fans. I personally do not consider K.P. a failure and I have always applauded his prudent approach. I won't hold the Hedo deal against him. That situation couldn't be controlled. My problem is the whole idea of denying Brandon Roy.

I have voiced my agitation over the Brandon Roy situation. Yes, it could be out of Pritchard's hands and perhaps Mr. Allen is behind it. I don't believe that though. Paul Allen wants to win, he always has, he always will. One of the most important pieces to a winning formula for Portland is Brandon Roy, the fans know it, the league knows it, Paul Allen knows it, everyone knows it. Paul Allen is simply not going to say no to Brandon Roy. It is also not in Brandon's nature to ask for anything off the wall. It makes no sense that we are even having to have these conversations. Still, the bottom line is that it is Kevin Pritchard's job to get it done. So, with that in mind, I have to say that I too am seeing the allure of Prince Charming beginning to fade. K.P. better be getting something done soon or he's gonna begin feeling much more heat than what Yahoo Sports is dishing out.

It sounds like we won't get Paul Millsap either. I have heard that the whole top dollar offer was simply a ploy to create a situation where Utah has to spend big bucks to keep Milsap which would force them to trade Boozer. We want Utah to send Boozer to Chicago so we can grab Kirk Hinrich. I am not going to get worked up over this one until it seems more likely. I've learned my lesson. We'll see.

I am not surprised though. K.P. was a Jayhawk and he's had his eye on Hinrich ever since he was tapped to be GM. One thing about this, we would most likely lose Jerryd Bayless to Chicago. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I'm not devestated, but I am not excited either. This almost feels like "making a deal just to make a deal".
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter