Google

Monday, June 01, 2009

Learning to lose.

When the Orlando-Cleveland game ended I was surprised to see LeBron head straight to the locker room. I mean, he did not acknowledge anyone. At first I felt sorry for him. You know, all the pressure to win and stuff. Then I thought perhaps he was hiding tears. It's possible. He's human and we all know how much he wanted to win. Somehow though, it just didn't sit right. This morning on my way to work I heard discussion about this and also learned that LeBron also skipped the post game conference.

When did LeBron James become Rasheed Wallace? Seriously, at least Rasheed faced the media and delivered his famous "both teams played hard" line. In light of LeBron's disappearing act, I'll give Sheed some credit.

I suppose this can be viewed as a learning moment. Do we have a spoiled brat on our hands? I have a feeling LeBron simply hasn't learned to lose. If this is the case, he needs to come to understand that it just isn't cool to not acknowledge a loss. The longer he goes without speaking about it, the worse it is going to get.

Grow up LeBron, there's no crying in basketball.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter