Google

Thursday, April 30, 2009

6th man

I don't know about you but I take my job as 6th man very seriously. I think there are certain things we can do as fans that positively affect the universe and tip it in favor of our team.

On game days I MUST wear my Blazer watch (I have it on today). I have learned that I must wear it all day and not just at game time. I MUST wear Blazer socks to all home games and during all post season games whether at home or away. (I will have them on at game time). My mom participates in this ritual as well. Post season games require a bit more effort because the counter effort of the opposition is great. To do this I make sure I wear Blazer clothing to the games and at home when they are on the road. Post season home games require at least some face paint. However, I did have full face paint for game 1 and it didn't work out so well. Game 2 was just a tattoo and of course, we know how well that worked!

There is also game gear that must be used. My two favorites are clappers and bells. I am not a big fan of the bangers because they obstruct the view of my fellow blazer fans. They are also not noisy enough. I had the opportunity to speak with Larry Miller regarding the need for the Blazers to pass out more noise makers as mine are becoming worn. In fact, I had to resort to light up clappers from the dollar store. They are working nicely though :) Mr. Miller told me he would make my request known.

Noise makers require skill though. They are only effective if used properly. Clappers are for general noise, use whenever clapping is needed. Bells are for 3's and great plays. Use BOTH when the opposition is at the line for a free throw. Screaming and yelling is always helpful too!

My neighbors always know when the Blazers are on TV :)

Blazer fans are the best in the world and are known to be the loudest. I do my part, do you? I'll be listening!

GO BLAZERS!

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter