Google

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Blazers and the Quest for Victory

I am impressed! The shorthanded Blazers beat the Lakers and they beat them squarely. The one thing that stands out to me is the change in fourth quarter play. Repeatedly now I have watched the Blazers execute down the stretch. They are making critical free throws and critical plays. When they've been beaten it hasn't been because of lack of effort. There is a tangible focus with these guys and it's impressive. The Blazers are proving how deep they are. Injuries have the team down to 10 usable players and they are still playing strong. This team has the potential to be scary and I think it's awesome.

Kudos to Zach Randolph. This is the Zach we want to see. I think being around "good guys" is bringing out the good in Zach. Let's face it, Zach is not a leader, he is a follower. This is quite alright, as long as he follows the right people. Right now, I think he is.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Nate manages the team once the injured guys are ready to play again. How guys that end up back on the bench respond will also be a factor in what type of team we will eventually have. I'm hoping that everyone accepts their role graciously.

GO BLAZERS!


The Blazer's efforts in the face of multiple injuries brought to mind a movie scene that has always been a favorite. How many of you remember the Black Knight in Monty Python's "Quest for the Holy Grail"? It still makes me laugh. Keep up the fight Blazers, no matter what! I've a feeling you just might win more than you lose.

This is just for fun. There is a bit of "language" in this clip.

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter