Google

Monday, November 06, 2006

Has Rip City Returned?

WOW! How about the Blazers? Has "Rip City" returned? It sure seems so from where I stand. At least for now. This is a team that fans are quickly learning to love.

What a show they have been putting on! Winning the home opener against Minnesota after being down the whole game has left the fans drooling for more. Suddenly, Blazer tickets are not so easy to come by.

If this pandemonium is to continue, a win over the Lakers on Wednesday is a must. If we fail, the Sonics will have one over us. We can't have this. The Blazers have had the Laker's number for a few years now, I hope our new bunch can keep the tradition going. I am sure if Kobe senses trouble, say, a young guy by the name of B-Roy, he will retreat to his bench whining about his knee. It should prove to be quite a show.

However, I do have a gripe.

Don't get me wrong, I am as excited about Brandon Roy as the next person. However, I am unhappy with Nate's routine of taking Jarrett Jack out and moving Roy to the point. How is this going to build confidence in JJ? I see his face in the 4th and it pains me. Let him be a part of it, he's earned it. I do not like letting Brandon be everything and Jarrett be nothing. I think Brandon needs to spend a bit more time on the bench or they both need to be on the floor. I just don't like it.

OK, that's it for now.

GO BLAZERS!
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter