Google

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The 'Dress Code'...

I have just read the NBA's new dress code. While I am all for straightening some of these guys out I do think that Mr. Stern has probably taken this too far. I mean, is the jewelry such a big deal? Women can wear it to work, why can't the guys if they aren't playing? Who cares if it is gawdy and ugly? I don't care for it but why make it such a big deal? No headphones on the plane? Come on, that is crazy. Some of those flights are really L O N G. I hate to say it but I think a lot of Stern's power has gone to his head. I agree that some guys look like 8th grade gangsta wannabes but just how far can this go? No head gear of any type? No hats? Some suits demand a hat! What is Shaq going to do?

I had an idea that I'd like to propose to players that want to protest the dress code. Do exactly what the code calls for, show up in a dress. Perhaps Dennis Rodman was ahead of his time. I see no mention in the rules about dresses. Could you imagine David Stern's reaction if this caught on? What could he do? It isn't breaking the rules. Just imagine Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace in a nice floral print. I think they would look fabulous.

Seriously, these rules are going to make problems. All the rules seem to be is a description of how David Stern dresses, It isn't fair to people who prefer other styles. These alternate styles can be done neatly. What is so wrong with retro jerseys? They could be worn with a suit jacket.

Now that I am thinking about it, since when are headphones considered clothing? is this a ruse to get under Sheed's skin yet again? Hmmmmmm....

The poor Blazers. Not only do they have to deal with these new rules, but they have to deal with Nate's rules as well. No headbands. No cell phones. Talk about cold turkey! I am telling you, someone is going to snap over this.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter