Google

Friday, March 25, 2005

Ruben says it wasn't his choice to not play.

I believe Ruben.

Last night Kevin Pritchard said that "I'd go to war with the guy" when being asked about Ruben. That is a very high compliment. Ruben is without question the best player the Blazers have. He is vital to success. He proved it again last night. Ruben played his first game since Maurice Cheeks was fired. He missed 11 games. He hasn't even been with the team. Blazer brass has been saying he was injured. Blazer fans knew he wasn't. Last night in a post game interview Ruben clearly stated that not playing was "not my choice."

I don't think I have to explain what this means.

I am sickened by Paul Allen, Steve Patterson and John Nash's behavior and I don't know what to do. Men like this should not have anything to do with sports. They'd be better off working for ENRON, or maybe a car dealership. I am furious!

I honestly do not know what to do. I am stuck between a team I love and support and an owner and management that I detest. I feel badly for Pritchard. He is stuck in the muck just like the players are. I wonder if he got called into the office today for daring to try and win last night.

UPDATE: What the Portland Tribune is saying. A plea from S. Patterson? Why? I wonder if S. Patterson got a call from a D. Stern?
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter