Google

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Interim Blazers versus Chicago Bulls

The Bulls are playing much better than they were at the beginning of the season. I won't go so far as to say a win tonight for Portland is not possible, but I will say it is not probable. I am going to be suprised if we win another game the rest of the season. There has been talk that the Bulls are the "sleeper" in the east. That may be going a bit overboard but they certainly seem to be "getting it". Unfortunately, Blazer brass is not. They still want to force their fans to watch exhibition basketball while they scout talent. Phooey on that.

Today I heard that Zach Randolph may miss the rest of the season with his sore knee. This is certainly not official that I know of. It isn't suprising either. I think tonight's game will be a bit closer than the others we have seen since Cheeks was fired but the result will likely be the same. Game Preview

UPDATE: I have pictures that I will have to try and post tonight. I get home late from games and last night I couldn't get online and there wasn't time to deal with it. The game was less than spectacular. I was suprised to see the Blazers actually holding their own up to the 3rd qtr. By the 4th, they fell apart. It seems interim coach Pritchard (as he insists he be called) is finding out Mo's shoes aren't so easy to fill after all. Where was the final stretch coaching? I see Damon, SAR and Theo out there giving it all they have. I see the young guys in way over their heads. I also see capable players sitting on the bench. I do NOT see Paul Allen in his usual seat, maybe I missed him, but I don't think so. What a fine mess this franchise has been put in. Maybe "PatterNash" should open up a bakery with all the turnovers their young pups are making.
Box Score
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter