Google

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Bulls get more than they bargained for in Portland.

When the Chicago Bulls landed in Portland they were greeted by Mt. St.Helen's. I think at times us locals get to "used" to the mountain. I enjoyed reading the team's account of what they saw.
I thought I'd share it with you:
"...The Bulls were treated to a rare and spectacular show shortly after their charter plane touched down here Tuesday afternoon. Mount St. Helens erupted, sending a plume of steam and ash approximately 36,000 feet into the air."I didn't know what the heck it was," Chandler said.The mountain is 55 miles north of Portland and created a spectacle that stopped pedestrians and traffic throughout the city."I looked over and I was like, 'We just flew over that. That can't be happening,'" Eric Piatkowski said. "I thought it was a thunderhead cloud. The first plume went up and then another one went up and I was like, 'No way.' We were all standing on the runway staring at it in disbelief..."
Source: ChiacagoTribune.com *hat tip to Blazerblog*

Hmmm, is this why the "baby Bulls" erupted on the Blazers? Go figure.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter