Google

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Rasheed Wallace willing to come off the bench when Ben Wallace returns.

Ben Wallace returns to the Piston line up Friday. As always, yes always, Rasheed is responding as a TEAM player that is more concerned with the team than himself:

"We'll figure something out," he (coach Brown) said, after the Pistons' victory Tuesday night over the Rockets. "You know, maybe we will bring Rasheed (Wallace) off the bench. He won't care at all, as long as it means something for the team."

Rasheed Wallace agreed with Brown.
"That's cool with me," he said. "I don't have no beef with that. It ain't hurting me none. I am not one of those types of players that a starting job feeds my ego. If that's a scheme that he's sees, I'll go with it."

Source Link: Detnews.com

I think Portland made a mistake in trying to make Rasheed the centerpiece of the team. It just isn't who he is. I am glad Larry Brown sees that and uses it to his advantage. Meanwhile, Rasheed is flourishing.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter