Google

Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Blazers are getting serious.

The game last night was fantastic! It was as if there had been no "dead air" at all. Everyone at the Rose Garden was taken back in time to a place where basketball was fun, exciting. It was loud. It was dramatic. It was simply a good time and a good game.

The Blazers fought for rebounds, chose good shots, defended, moved the ball, moved their feet, and took the ball to the rim, over and over and over again. The Blazers wanted it more, and they got it. I don't think there is much more I can say. It was a great game.

My section won free cheeseburgers from McDonalds and we managed to fight our way through the herd to get Martell Webster bobbleheads. When we got there there were long lines at every door. We knew then it was going to be an interesting night. I don't know if the draw was the MW bobblehead or the Sixers. When they opened the doors it was like black Friday at WalMart. My stepdaughter and I managed to fight our way in and then we watched as my husband, mom and friend struggled and luckily managed bobbles from the last box. Crazy.

Anyway, all in all it was a really fun night. Everyone is hopeful. I sure liked what I saw. Now that I know they can do it, I expect to see more improved play on a regular basis. Perhaps the Blazers have turned a corner.
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter